N F P E - F N P O
Postal Joint Council of Action (JCA), Kerala Circle,Thiruvananthapuram-695 001.
No.Postal JCA/Agtn/APL-2016 07-04-2016
The Chief Postmaster General,
Sub: Problems faced by the staff in connection with CBS/CIS - regarding.
Kindly recall the formal/informal discussions we had with you on various
occassions on the above subject. The Postal joint council of action comprising of
all the unions affiliated to NFPE and FNPO has seriously considered the problems
faced by the operative/supervisory staff in connection with CBS/CIS. The post
migrated scenario has also been reviewed by the JCA. We have decided to conduct
the following agitational programmes.
1. Protest Rally by women employees in all divisions on 12-4-2016.
2. Hunger strike in front of Circle Office and all Divisional Offices on26-4-2016.
3. The JCA has decided to boycott the overstayal in the offices in the nameof CBS problems.
The following are the burning issues faced by the staff in connection with CBS &
1. 1450 offices have been migrated to CBS because of the pressure from our
department and hasty decision taken by the Circle administration. The end
users are the ultimate sufferers. The public also suffering a lot.
In banking sector the average migration to CBS per year was 100. In our
circle the entire staff in migrated offices are under stress and their normal life
is badly affected. The staff are compelled to stay in the offices upto midnight
or beyond that. Lady officials are the main sufferers. The department has
miserably failed to arrange night guards and security to the post offices. More than 40% offices are C class. Many unfortunate incidents have been reported
from various offices. Non availability of transport facilities in the late hours is
2. The problem of network slowness and non-availability of Finacle Server are
continuing and badly affecting the day to day work. Low capacity of the
centralized server is the main reason.
3. ‘USER ID’ problem is very serious especially in single handed offices. Cases
of non-sanctioning of leave in the name of CBS are reported from many
divisions. Upgradation of all ‘C’ class offices to ‘B’ class is our suggestion to
resolve the issue.
4. Problems with the ‘Report Option’:
There is no provision to generate the required reports. Statistical figure are
not available. It is reported that the administration is harrassing the officials in
the name of non-submision of various reports which are not available in
5. Issuing/discharging of NSC/KVP Certificates: There are somany problems
and most of them are inherent with the software.
6. Cheque clearing is a herculian task in finacle.
7. ‘C SAC’ problem is to be settled.
8. Inadequate training: There is no fruitful action till this date.
9. Problems in connection with agent transaction have not been settled.
10. Upgradation of bandwidth: The Directorte has isued specific orders to ensure
the availability of minimum bandwidth of 512 KbPs in all offices. But in our
Circle many offices are provided with 128 KbPs or 256 KbPs.
11. Non-availability of uninterrupted Power Supply is the main problem: 70% of
offices in our circle are not having generators. The process of replacement of
damaged UPS as assured by the circle administration have not been completed.
In Northern Region the situation is very bad and RO is not taking any efforts
to resolve the issue. AMC coverage is to be ensured in all cases.
12. There are serious lapses on the part of M/s.Infosys and Sify: They are
behaving as the bosses of our department and neglecting the requests of our
staff for the immediate services. Proper monitoring and periodical meetings
with the vendors are to be ensured by taking the feedback from the operative
13. Functioning of CPC: We are receiving so many complaints from the operative/
supervisory staff regarding the functioning of CPC. Calling the officials in
the night hours, compelling to re-open the offices during midnight, blaming
the end user for the issues arised due to the problems inherent with the software.
Non-attending of phone calls, non reply to e-mail etc. are few examples. The
decentralization of CPC to divisional level is to be examined.
14. Primary, secondary connectivity (NSP-1 & NSP-2) are mandatory for CBS.
But many offices in our circle are not provided with NSP-1 & 2. Immediate
action is requested to ensure the availability of required connectivity in allCBS
15. Computers and peripherals supplied so far are not sufficient. Request to
arrange the supply of all items considering the actual requirement.
16. Additional work in connection with CBS beyond the normal working hours
may be remunerated @ Rs.200/- per hour.
Problems with CIS
1. Non-accessability of Me-Camish Server is the main problem of CIS. The
system is always showing “internal server error”. The staff are compelled to
do the transactions in ‘Point of Sale’ module and ‘Push back’ is a common
2. On many days generation of reports is in trouble and hence the daily accounts
preperation is badly affected.
3. Due to non-updation of data transaction of institutional policies cannot be
4. Missing of credit is a serious problem.
5. Miscalculation of Premia and Service tax is the inherent problem of the
6. Hang out at the time of operation leads to wrong entry of premia and doubling
or tribling etc.
7. Migration to CIS Platform without the availability of Sify network is a serious
problem. This results non-updation of many offices.
8. Data updation in salary deduction cases is still pending.
9. Every chances are there for payment of double bonus in maturity closure
cases in respect of policies opened in march.
10. Problems in connection with revival of policies are to be rectified.
11. In rural area RPLI transaction will be more but the network speed will be
comparatively less. This issue is to be addressed properly.
12. Adequate training (online) is to be ensured for the smooth working.
13. Creation of additional posts and provision of required infrastructural facilities
are the major items. Additional manpower is to be provided with immediate
We hope the circle administration will come forward with fruitfull action
to settle the issues for the smooth functioning of our offices.
P.K.Muralidharan Johnson D. Avokaran
Circle Secretary, AIPEU Group C. Circle Secretary, NAPE Group C.
A.B.Lalkumar, G. Anilkumar,
Circle Secretary, AIPEU Postmen & MTS. Circle Secretary NUPE Postmen & MTS.
Circle Secretary, Circle Secretary, Group C NURMS & MMS
AIRMS & Group C
C.M.Raveendranath, N.V. Vinod,
Circle Secretary, Circle Secretary,
AIRMS, MMS MTS & MG Circle SecretaryNURMS MMS, MTS & MG
Circle Secretary, Circle Secretary NUGDS (FNPO)
AIPEU GDS (NFPE)
Circle Secretary, AIPAOEU General Secretary, Postal Civil Wing FNPO
(Girish Sekharan, Sunil Kumar,
(Girish Sekharan, Sunil Kumar,
Circle Secretary, AIPSBCOEA Circle Secretary, Circle Secretary AIPAOA
M.P.Vijayan, Circle Secretary, AIPAEA.
1. The Postmaster General, Central Region,Kochi-682020,
2. The Postmaster General, Northern Region, Kozhikode-673 011.