Saturday, May 4, 2013
Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for promotion to the cadre of Postmaster Grade I ,2013 to be held on 30th June 2013.
Department of Posts, India
Office of the Chief Postmaster General
Kerala Circle, Thiruvananthapuram- 695 033.
Tele No.0471-2303930 e.mail email@example.com
E-mail/INVOICED / REGD
All SSPOs / SPOs in Kerala Circle
Supdt., PSD, Thiruvananthapuram / Thrissur / Calicut
Supdt., KCSD, Ernakulam
Sr. Postmaster, Thiruvananthapuram GPO/Kottayam/Ernakulam/Calicut
No.Rectt/14-1/2013 dated at Thiruvananthapuram-33 the 2 .05.2013
Sub:- Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for promotion to the cadre of Postmaster Grade I ,2013 to be held on 30th June 2013.
As per DG, Posts letter No.34012/4/2012- DE dated 23th April 2013, Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for promotion to the cadre of Postmaster Grade I is to be held on 30th June 2013, as per the schedule given below:-
|Date of exam||Paper||Time|
|30th June 2013( Sunday)||Paper I(without the aid of books)||10.00AM to 11.30 AM|
|Paper II(without the aid of books)||12.30 PM to 02.00 PM|
- As per the existing Recruitment Rules, the vacancies in Postmaster Grade I shall be filled up through a limited Departmental Competitive Examination, from amongst PAs with Five years of regular service as on 1-1-2013 in the Pay band –I, i.e. 5200-20200, with a grade pay of Rs 2400/-.
- The syllabus for the Postmaster Grade I Examination is enclosed at Annexure I and the schedule for conducting the examination is enclosed as Annexure II.
- The examination will be held in the Circle Head quarters. The APS candidates will have to take examination at the nearest center to their places of servicing.
- The examination will be objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and with the use of carbonless( duplicate) Optical Mark Reader(OMR) Answer sheets.
- The vacancies will be notified separately .
07 .It is intimated that as far as possible the Question Papers for the said examination(other than the General Awareness & Current affairs and Technology) will be set within the ambit of the various Postal Manuals which are made available on the India Post website/various instructions on departmental procedure issued from the Department from time to time and approved reference books notified on the syllabus at Annexure I. HOWEVER THE EXAMINATION WILL BE HELD WITHOUT THE AID OF BOOKS.
08.The application form kit will contain Application OMR form( Magenta Colour) instructions sheet, Acknowledgement card and envelope for mailing the application form to CMC Ltd.
09. The following categories of officials are not eligible tp be permitted for appearing in the examination.
(a) If any disciplinary action is pending or contemplated against applicants
(b) If any punishment is current
(c ) If there is any adverse entry in the APAR/ACR in the last FIVE years.
10. Application from willing candidates may please be obtained on plain paper (Annexure III) with his service details to decide his eligibility by Divisional Office/Regional Office/Circle Office/Controlling units latest by 6-5-2013 . Receipt of such application forms along with the details of eligible candidates at Circle Office is fixed on 10-5-2013. A specimen copy of the same is enclosed.
11. It is requested to bring the contents of this letter as well as Annexure I and II to the notice of all concerned.
Assistant Director (Rectt)
SYLLABUS FOR THE LIMITED DEPARTMENTAL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR PROMOTION TO THE CADRE OF POSTMASTER GRADE I
- Customer Service and Grievances.
- Compendium of processing and disposal of public complaints.
- Knowledge about DOPG, DOARPG and RTI cases.
- Consumer Forum/Post forum/Citizen charter.
- Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules.
- Conduct rules.
- Financial hand books.
- Postal Operations
Acts/Rules/Guidelines relating to inland and foreign post/mail operations, money remittance, savings bank schemes and certificates, rural and postal life insurance.
Latest administrative and operational instructions/guidelines issued by the Department.
- Knowledge of products and services of Department of Posts.
- Marketing:- Principles of marketing , assessment of relating products and services.
- General awareness and Current affairs including general mental ability test covering logical reasoning(verbal and non verbal) numerical analysis( arithmetic) and basic mathematical equations and statistical rules like mean, median , mode , graphical representation of data, comprehension and basic language skills,
- General principles of technology.
- Basic technology requirement – computer, server, laptop.
- Connectivity of computers.
Schedule for conducting the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2013 for promotion to the cadre of Postmaster Grade I
Receipt of application form from willing candidates on plain paper with his service details to decide his eligibility to Divisional Office/Controlling Unit
Receipt of application form kits by Divisional Office/Controlling Unit from Director of Postal Services(HQ) of Circle for making available to eligible candidates.
Last date of receipt of application forms(duly filled in) at Divisional Office/Controlling Unit
Receipt of duly filled in application forms by Nodal Officer Director of Postal Services(HQ) of the Circle sent by Divisional Office/Controlling Unit
Despatch of duly filled in application forms by Nodal Officer Director of Postal Services(HQ) of Circle to CMC
Issue of hall permits by CMC to eligible candidates
Date of examination
APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED BY WILLING CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION
FOR PRMOTION TO THE CADRE OF POSTMASTER GRADE I
|1||Name & Designation in Block letters|
|2||Office to which attached and Division|
|4||Present post held and the scale of pay|
|5||Date of Birth and age|
|6||Whether belongs to SC/ST if so the name of the caste/tribe|
|7||Post in which first appointed and the date from which appointed|
|8.||No. of years of regular service in PA cadre as on 01-01-2013|
I……………………………………………………………..hereby declare that the particulars furnished by me in the form are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Date: Designation & Address
- The particulars have been carefully checked and found correct / corrected wherever necessary. Also certified that there is no punishment current/contemplated and there is no adverse entry in APAR/ ACR for the last five years.
- Specific recommendations of the controlling authority Viz. Divisional Superintendents. RECOMMENDED / NOT RECOMMENDED
Sr. Supdt. / Supdt./Asstt.Director
Posted by FNPO KERALA at 11:27 AM
Friday, May 3, 2013
Thursday, May 2, 2013
The indefinite strike in Central Region continues. The JCA has called for complete shut down of Post Offices in Central Region from 02.05.2013. And as per the reports being received, more than 95% of the Post Offices in Central Region remains closed. And around 92% of the staff are participating in the indefinite strike. The strike has hit down the normal functioning of all the Postal Services across Central Region. Various Union ministers and MPs/ MLAs has also intervened in the matter and has directed the top level officials to hold discussions with the staff side.
As such, the CPMG has called the JCA leaders for a discussion on the charter of demands submitted by the JCA. The meting will be held at Circle Office, Trivandrum at 10: 30 AM on 03.05.2013. All the JCA leaders will be participating in the discussion.
In the mean time, FNPO Circle Convenor and JCA Circle Chairman Shri Johnson Avokkaran met the Hon KPCC President Shri. Remesh Chennithala MLA, and has discussed the various problems prevailing in the Region, and requested his intervention in the matter. A memorandum was also submitted to him. The Hon president has assured that he will immediately intervene in the matter and discuss the matter the minister and the Departmental Officials.
General Convenor submitting the memorandum to Shri Remesh Chennithala MLA, Hon KPCC President.
Posted by FNPO KERALA at 9:29 PM
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
The entire postal employees of Central Region, under the banner of JCA, will go into indefinite sit in strike from 01.05.2013, against the anti labour and callous attitude of the Central Region PMG. In connection with the strike, a joint meeting of the Divisional/ Branch Secretaries and Circle office bearers of NUPE Gr C, NUPE P4 and NUGDS was held at the FNPO Dist Committee Office at Kottayam, under the presidenship of Shri Johnson Avokkaran. The meeting was attended by all the Divisional Secretaries and Circle Office bearers of Central Region.
The meeting has discussed in detail, the various burining issues in Central Region. The meeting unanimously decided to ensure 100% participation of the postal employees of Central Region, in the proposed indefinite sit in strike from 01.05.2013.
Posted by FNPO KERALA at 11:08 AM