The copy of the strike notice and Charter of demands for the one day strike on 28.02.2012, is furnished below. Divisional Secretaries are requested to take a copy of the same and submit it to the Divisional Superintendents on 10.02.2012, under the banner of JCA.
Mass demonstrations should also be conducted in front of all Divisional Offices under the banner of JCA.
POSTAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES UNION
NATIONAL UNION OF GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS
No. JCA/2012 Dated – 10th February, 2012
The Director General
Department of Posts
New Delhi – 110001
In accordance with the provisions of Sub Section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, we hereby notify that all the Postal/RMS/MMS/Administrative & Postal Accounts Employees and the Gramin Dak Sewaks will go on one day strike on 28.02.2012. The demands for acceptance of which the employees embark upon One Day Strike are detailed in the Charter of Demands enclosed.
All General Secretaries of NFPE/ FNPO
CHARTER OF DEMANDS.
1. Concrete measures to contain price rise
2. Concrete measures for linkage of employment protection with the concession/incentive package offered to the entrepreneurs,
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4. Universal social security cover for the unorganized sector workers without any restriction
5. Creation of a National Social Security Fund with adequate resources in line with the recommendation, of NCEUS and Parliamentary Standing Committees on Labour, Stoppage of disinvestment in Central and State PSUs, the Central Trade Unions also demand immediate action by the Govt. of India to en sure:-
6. No Contractorisatlon of work of permanent/perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the Industry/establishment
7. Amendment of Minimum Wages Act to ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules and fixation of statutory minimum wage at not less than Rs 10,000/-,
8. Remove the ceilings on payment and eligibility of Bonus, Provident Fund; Increase the quantum of gratuity.
9. Scrap PFRDA Bill/New Pension Scheme; Ensure pension for all.
10.Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days and immediate ratification of ILO conventions 87 and 98.