Saturday, December 17, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
As notified, the state level women’s conference will be held at K V Narayanan Nagar (Jawahar Balabhavan Auditorium), Trissur on 18.12.2011. The registration of the members will start at . There will be no registration fee. The inaugural function will be held at . Shri C N Balakrishnan, Minister for Cooperation, Govt of Kerala, will inaugurate the conference.
Indefinite strike from 17.01.2012.
The Circle Coordination committee of FNPO unions had met at Trissur on 09.12.2011, for discussing the matters related with upcoming indefinite strike from 17.01.2012. The meeting has unanimously decided to go on with the indefinite strike under the banner of JCA.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Postal Joint Council Of Action
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES UNION
NATIONAL UNION OF GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS
JCA/2011 Dated – 15th December 2011
The Director General
Department of Posts
New Delhi – 110001
In accordance with the provisions of Sub Section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, we hereby notify that all the Postal/RMS/MMS/Administrative & Postal Accounts Employees and the Gramin Dak Sewaks will go on indefinite strike from 17.01.2012. The demands for acceptance of which the employees embark upon this indefinite strike are detailed in the Charter of Demands enclosed.
Secretary General Secretary General
All General Secretaries of NFPE and FNPO
General Secretary General Secretary
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. (a) Drop the Mail Network Optimisation Project (MNOP) and reject the Mckinsey Consultancy's disastrous recommendations. Inspite of the opposition and disagreement expressed by the staff side in the MNOP Committee, the Department is going ahead with the implementation of L1, L2 (hub system for first class mails). Further the request for additional intra-circle speed post hubs proposed by the staff side is not yet fully implemented. Change of administrative jurisdiction of speed post hubs from Postal side to RMS side is also not considered favourably.
(b) Stop closure/merger of Post offices including Branch Post offices. Even though it was assured by the Secretary (Posts) in the minutes of the discussion held on 01.07.2011, that there will be no closure/merger of Post offices, except simultaneous relocation, instructions in this regard are yet to be communicated to the Circle/Regional heads. Even now some Regional heads are closing Post offices indiscriminately.
(c) Drop the proposed move to introduce delivery hubs for delivery of articles by withdrawing delivery from all town sub post offices in the urban areas. Orders for rotation of the Sorting Postmen work among Beat Postman may be withdrawn.
(d) Review CRC, EPP and logistics norms.
2. Grant status as Central Government Civil Servants to Gramin Dak Sevaks employees for all purposes including service matters, pay scale, increment, allowances, pension, promotion, leave, bonus, trade unions rights and other terminal benefits. Scrap the new Recruitment rules for appointment of postmen by 25% outside recruitment which curtails the promotional avenues of GDS and restore the previous Recruitment rules. Enhance the bonus ceiling of GDS to 3500/- at par with regular employees. Withdraw the tightened norms for cash handling, stamp sale, and other norms for assessing the workload of BPMs, stop reduction of TRCA in case of reduction in workload. Modify the orders restricting compassionate appointment of GDS. Scrap the newly notified "GDS Conduct & Engagement Rules" and restore the previous "GDS Conduct and Employment Rules". Fill up all GDS Mailmen Posts in RMS. Providing norms for NREGS and till that time the higher rate of incentive may be paid. Inspite of assurances to reconsider the orders, no favourable orders have been issued so far.
3. Revise the wages of casual labourers including part-time and contingent employees w.e.f. 1.1.2006 as per Supreme Court orders based on the minimum pay implemented as per Sixth CPC recommendations. Stop outsourcing the work of casual labourers and contingent employees. Grant temporary Status to all full time casual labourers. Convert part-time into full-time by combination of duties. Absorb all part-time casual and contingent employees creating GDS posts. Inspite of favourable assurances during discussion no orders have been issued so far.
4. Immediate revision of OTA rates and stop recovery of OTA paid to officials who are engaged compulsorily on OTA overlooking the pay-ceiling.
5. Implement the assurances made on 12.07.2010 strike settlement and also in the JCM Departmental Council Meeting held on 23.08.2010. Ensure prompt holding of Departmental Council Meetings. Inspite of assurance that next JCM meeting will be held within one month, no meeting has been notified so far.
6. Immediate finalization of Cadre Restructuring proposals including Postal Accounts as assured by the Secretary Department of Posts and its implementation. Inspite of the assurance that the proposals will be finalized within one month, the process is still in the initial stage.
7. Stop decentralization of Postal Accounts, PLI and RPLI and ensure status-quo. Save DPLI office, Kolkata and ensure job security to the staff of DPLI. Certain items of work relating to PLI has been decentralized unilaterally.
8. Expedite the process of filling of all vacant posts in all wings including GDS. Create additional new post wherever workload is heavy. 2/3 posts for the period up to 2008 kept in skeleton may be redeployed to offices where additional post is justified.
9. Ensure 100% filling up of LSG, HSG-II, HSG-I promotional posts before implementation of Postmasters Cadre, remove the retrograde eligibility conditions for appearing the examination of Grade I and PSS Group B and allow Account line officials also.
10. Create the System Administrators posts as assured with specified norms and other works and make it a separate cadre as a promotional cadre to PA/SA.
11. Stop combination of beats /double duty, stop harassment of staff insisting 100% impracticable condition for delivery under Project Arrow. Settle the demands raised in the Postmen Committee such as distance factor, number of articles, Grant of Cycle allowance without distance condition, cash payment for uniform and kit items, Supply of good quality uniforms, Revision of norms. Stop imposing unmanageable workload on staff in the name of verification of applications and delivery of Adhar cards to public. Settle the items already submitted by Postmen Unions.
12. Fixing norms for newly assigned works of Multi Tasking Staff. Allow to decline postman promotion for MTS under seniority quota without loosing MACP promotions and review the recruitment rules of MTS to Postmen / Mail Guards.
13. Grant promotions to Drivers / Artisans at par with other C.G. organizations like Railways/Defence. Higher Pay Scales to charge hand & Drivers.
14. Declare SBCO Staff as Divisional cadre, Stop harassment of SBCO officials under contributory factors. Complete the Ledger Agreement Work and update the SBCO before launching Core Banking.
15. Fill up all Postal Civil Wing and Electrical Wing posts as per CPWD norms. Creation of one Civil Circle and Electrical and Architectural Division in every Circle. Expedite the Restructuring of Civil Wing Cadres. Restrict the transfer of non-gazetted staff within the concerned Postal Circle only. Retain Head clerk designation instead of Assistant and declare Head clerk as supervisory posts.
16. Ensure full fledge functioning of newly formed Postal Accounts Offices by providing adequate staff strength and accommodation. Rectify the anomaly caused due to promotion of Group 'D' official to the cadre of LDC after 2006. Restore the residency period of three years in respect of JA to SA promotion retrospectively w.e.f. 13.12.2006. Grant MACP to those joined in Sorter cadre treating LDC as entry grade as the Sorter grade has been defunct since 2000. Expedite the process of filling up of vacant posts in the Postal Accounts Wing.
17. Counting of past services rendered by erstwhile RTPs for promotions and MACP.
18. Implement Apex Court Judgment in case of RRR Candidates in true sprit and extend to all approved RRR Candidates awaiting for absorption.
19. Stop Harassing and victimization of innocent officials under contributory negligence factors. Implement the true spirit of Govt. orders and Volumes and no recovery should be made if the concerned is not directly responsible for the loss sustained to the department.
20. Stop discrimination towards PO & RMS Accounts Cadre, Create separate cadre and earmark percentage of posts for norm based promotions in the same cadre, Count Special Allowance for fixation on promotion, Withdraw the recovery imposed on Postman Pay fixation and drawal of bonus to GDS. Restore the date of passing the Accountant examination for according LSG promotions instead date of entry in PA cadre.
21. Enhance the LR strength on all cadres to the extent of 20% and fill up all vacant LR posts.
22. Ensure prompt grant of Child Care Leave as per the liberalized orders, unnecessary hurdles put forth should be dropped.
23. Review the MACP clarificatory orders and rectify the issues like, non drawal of special allowance on acquiring MACP, wrong interpretation of IIIrd MACP to departmental promotes only after 30 years, Counting as double promotions as Group D & Postmen even in the case of promotion to Postman on GDS quota, non counting of training period for MACP, ignore promotions acquired on deptl. exam for MACP, ignore all uncommunicated average bench marks for MACP as per Judicial verdict. Ensure prompt holding of DPCs at Circle and Divisional level as per DOP&T latest instructions. Grant of Grad pay 1900, 2000 with effect from 01.01.2006 to those Group D (MTS) who were given TBOP/BCR before 1.01.2006.
24. Stop attack on Union office bearers by misusing Rule 37 transfers and Rule 9 of CCS (CCA) Rules. Dispose all Rule 9 (Pension rules) disciplinary cases and review petition cases pending at Directorate years together.
25. Denying the legitimate right of employees to avail holidays & Sundays by compelling them to attend frequent meetings/Melas arranged by the department. Inspite of the instructions issued by Directorate, some of the lower authorities are still compelling the staff to attend melas and meetings on Sundays and holidays.