The Induction Training for the newly recruited Postal Assistants is being organized at Institute of Co-operative Management, Poojapura 4 KM from Trivandrum Railway Station and KSRTC bus-stand. It is located within one KM from Poojapura Centre or Poojapura Mandapam on the Poojapura-Mudavanmugal Road. Candidates can reach the institution by bus or auto within 15 to 20 minutes from the Railway Station or Bus-stand. Approximate auto-fare is Rs.50/-.
Institute of Co-operative Management has hostel facility in the campus itself. The candidates will have to share the rooms with at least one partner. Separate blocks of rooms are available for men and women trainees. Accommodation available is just adequate for 100 participants and hence family members of trainees cannot be provided with hostel facility.
Hostel facility available includes Mess facility. The timings prescribed are :
Break-fast at 08.00am,
Tea at 10.30am and 3.30 pm
Lunch at 1.00 pm
Dinner at 8.00 pm
Indoor and outdoor games facilities are available at the Institute Campus. As a part of course curriculum, Yoga has been included. There will be Yoga Classes in the morning and evening hours according to convenience. Attendance in Yoga classes is compulsory. The candidates are required to bring suitable clothes and mat for use in the Yoga classes.
All important daily newspapers, weekly, fortnightly and monthly magazines of English and Malayalam will be made available for the use of trainees in the reading room. For availing Library facility, the trainees will have to avail membership on payment of nominal fee. Books on various topics including fiction are available in both English and Malayalam.
There is no separate medical facility inside the campus. However, doctors and hospitals are available at reachable distance. PRS hospital, Karamana is within 3 KM. Chelsea hospital is within 1.5 KM. Govt Ayurveda Hospital is within 3 KM. Govt Panchakarma Kendra is within 0.5 KM. Homoeo doctors and dispensaries are also available nearby the institute.
Recreation room facility is available in the hostel block with a Television.
a) The nearest post office is Poojapura within 0.5 KM
b) Photo copier facility is available at the institute on payment of prescribed charges
c) Call Taxi facility can be availed by contacting telephone No. 0471-2432437
d) The nearest police station is at Poojapura within 0.5 KM.
e) Poojapura Mandapam and adjacent ground and park are places within 0.5KM from the institute. Trainees can go for morning walk and evening outing.
f) Temples, Churches and Mosques are available within 0.5 to 1 KM
a) Kovalam Beach
b) Sankumugham Beach
c) Padmanaswamy Temple
d) Akkulam Lake
e) Veli lake
g) Zoological Garden
h) Art Gallery
j) Neyyar Dam
l) Attukkal Bhagawathy Temple
m) Beema Palli
n) Vettukadu Church
Instructions for candidates
2) All candidates including local residents will have to stay in the campus and they cannot go home during the period for training except with permission
3) The training programme is for 8 weeks. No leave will be granted to the trainees during the training period except in emergency cases.
4) The dress code during the programme is pant/shirts for men and churidar/ sarees for women. Other dresses like jeans, bermuda, shorts, pyjama, lungi, dhothi three-fourth pants etc. are not allowed either in the class rooms or in the premises like mess, recreation club and library.
5) Mobile phones are not permitted in the academic block.
6) Visitors shall be permitted only on Sundays and holidays.
7) Candidates will not be permitted to bring food into the campus from any source.
8) Consumption of alcohol or such other intoxicating items including pan and smoking are strictly prohibited.
9) Indulging in any activities which disturb the campus atmosphere will entail the candidates to face stringent action including expulsion from the training resulting in termination of the appointment.
10) Attendance as per the time schedule is compulsory. Absentees and late comers will be liable to face action.
11) Woman candidates who are in the advance stage of pregnancy, i.e. pregnant for more than 6 months are not allowed to attend the training course.
12) Candidates suffering from contagious diseases are not permitted to attend the training course. If any such disease is detected during the course warranting treatment beyond one week, he/she, will be sent back from the training centre and they will have to attend the course in the next batch.
13) Candidates suffering from asthma, diabetes and cardiac disease should bring the required medicine and also furnish the information in the bio-data form.
14) Physically handicapped candidates who are in need of equipments and aids shall bring the same.
15) Candidates are required to bring the following items :
(a) Two passport size and two stamp size colour photographs
(b) Room rent and mess charges @ Rs. 155/- per day for 55 days;
(c) Two pairs of white shirts (half sleeve) and white pants for men and white salwar and cameez/churidar for women; The candidates shall also bring one pair of white shoes and socks.
(d) A copy of the order issued by the Divisional Superintendent deputing the candidates for training;
(e) Information regarding their contact address, phone numbers, local guardian, if any, and blood group
16) The candidates should return back to the training centre by 730 PM on all days including Sundays and holidays, in case they go for outing after class hours.
17) The candidates shall ensure that their rooms, bathrooms and toilets are always kept clean and tidy and also ensure that water and electricity consumption is minimized. Hence fans, lights and taps should be turned off when not in use.
18) From 9 pm to 10 pm there will be compulsory study hours and the candidates should remain in their rooms and engage themselves in their studies.
19) Candidates shall be required to attend the Yoga classes without fail.
20) During the period of training also the candidates will be governed by CCS Temporary Service Rules 1965 and CCS ( Conduct) rules 1964.